Skip to main content

My '80s Pin Design for HRC

Here is the 80s pin in that series!
My sketch to the left the final pin on the right.
https://rockshop.hardrock.com/PinsCollectibles/Pins/product/HRO_Snowglobe_Series_80s_13/

Its so funny to see all my work getting made and sold ('60s and '70s in this series SOLD OUT) because my boss at this place, HATED me and everything I turned in.. and yet it's all getting sold. Hehehe

This was part of a SNOW GLOBE series that I came up with and pitched to the sales rep/account exec for the Hard Rock Cafe store. It's just one of my series that was made and sold to them.

I'll keep posting them as I see them. It's hard to keep up with these and also the Disney ones. Since I am not working at this place - the aforementioned boss let me go cuz he didn't like me or my work about 7 months ago - it's not always easy to find them, especially Disney, but I am always excited to see my work made.

That was my first real consumer products job and I did hundreds of designs for both Hard Rock and Disney (as well as a few others). It's still a thrill for me to see them once they are made. I am used to seeing my drawings in books and on the big screen but to have a physical something is really cool. I miss that job a lot, it's a bummer that the owner just didn't like me or my work, I loved the job a lot.

This is the original one sheet that I turned in. They had some revisions and the '90s is totally different, although I still love my boy band and grunge pins. (I guess you can't use the Space Needle, which I didn't know at the time cuz I was new)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cartoon Bus

For a kid's educational book-done in Illustrator 

Happy Birthday Batman!

I have always loved BATMAN!! I did this illustration today to mark the occasion. Who is YOUR favorite Batman? http://www.dccomics.com/characters/batman

Happy Birthday Harry Potter