Skip to main content

Make Art That Sells Bootcamp Assignment Sketches

I signed up for Lilla Rogers Studios MATS bootcamp that started on Feb 3rd, it's amazing to be part of such a great group of talented artists. As many of you know I have worked professionally as an artist for 18 years, but only have been doing my own art for about 8, because I was always working a million hours at the animation studios-which was great by the way, but I just never had time to do my own work. In the last two years I have really been focusing on my own stuff, but I never even thought about making art that sells. Well since I met Lilla via FB, I got connected with a licensing rep and landed two licensing deals for my pets, now I see a whole world of possibilities for my work. These are some iPhone mock ups for the first month's assignment. I may do other designs as well. I am also enrolled in a children's picture book course, so I am burning the candle at both ends, and of course working on a new picture book, an animation job at the end of the month and commissions.. no rest for the wicked. Anyhow.. sorry I am in a babbling mood today. I hope you like these! I am so grateful for Lilla for inspiring me and changing my life.
BTW-I also signed up for the FULL course starting March 31st.. I am soooo excited! 
oh and I did these using a few methods. I sketched by hand some ideas, then I sketched more in Sketchbook Pro, then I put them on the template in Photoshop, then I returned to Sketchbook Pro to add the color swatches and stuff on the side. :) 



Comments

  1. LOVED Seeing your ideas! My 18 yr old daughter likes Sketchbook Pro - you have inspired me to play with it :-)

    Great post! Thanks.
    http://anniesdoodlebugz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your recent success! Love your new art work as well as your darling little dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Batman!

I have always loved BATMAN!! I did this illustration today to mark the occasion. Who is YOUR favorite Batman? http://www.dccomics.com/characters/batman

Cartoon Bus

For a kid's educational book-done in Illustrator 

Happy Birthday Harry Potter