Skip to main content

Be Happy-the Process for MATS Wall Art Assignment


So I got a few messages from fellow Matsians (people in my MATS A class) about this today-yes it is digital-I did scan in tissue paper-but my scanner is on the Fritz so I pieced it together in Photoshop. I drew the owl in Sketchbook-just the black outline with the pen tool-it's like a Sharpie, then I painted it in PAINTER using gouache, digital watercolor and water color-then I brought it over to photoshop where I layered everything-all my scanned in pieces. Then I painted in Photoshop with airbrush and regular paint brush-with multiple on. Some of the images are from photos I took with my iPhone of stuff in my apt as well. I brought them into Photoshop as well. :)
Then when it was all done, I brought it back to Sketchbook pro did the lettering and then used magazine clipping art to do the colors in the words.





Comments

  1. Wow!!! If you had not told me I would swear it was traditional! SO awesome and I love your happy, vibrant lettering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Batman!

I have always loved BATMAN!! I did this illustration today to mark the occasion. Who is YOUR favorite Batman? http://www.dccomics.com/characters/batman

Cartoon Bus

For a kid's educational book-done in Illustrator 

Happy Birthday Harry Potter